The Madison / Middleton Wisconsin area has a Hot market for Sellers this summer! If your home is sitting, there’s a problem. We know how to move it. We’re backed by the largest firm in our area with marketing pull: First Weber.
1. The number one reason a house sits on the market is price. Your realtor is trained to evaluate the value of your home. He spends hours research comps in the area; she’ll attend the home inspection to learn what needs fixing. Listen to your realtor.
Realtors get that you have an emotional attachment to your home, but it’s their job to convince you it’s no longer your home — it’s going to be enjoyed by someone new. In that vein, they’re helping you let go and view your home as a house for sale.
2. It’s either run down or looks like it is. Spending elbow grease cleaning, scrubbing, tossing goes along way. So does a well manicured front yard. Old appliances, worn paint, stains on carpet and a bad-smelling house send buyers running. There’s a reason that staged homes sell faster and for more money — they look like they don’t need a ton of work.
3. Poorly marketed homes sit. If nobody knows your house is for sale, where’s the surprise? A professional realtor comes armed with a suite of tools. First Weber is known as a marketing force:
- Your property will receive substantial exposure on multiple real estate and national websites
- Potential buyers can call our toll-free number or text to our convenient short code, EDATA and instantly receive the information they need, including multi-media presentations of all First Weber property listings
- The toll-free number and Short Code are prominently displayed on our “Smart” yard signs which include Call Capture
- Our First Weber app is the fastest, most accurate property search app with instant, real-time data and touring feature
Additional marketing and advertising for your property is Key
- Your property will be showcased in our exclusive Orange Post interactive free online magazine featuring real-time property data 24/7.
- Successful international marketing of First Weber luxury properties ($750,000+) at luxuryportfolio.com
- Your home will be included in the Wisconsin’s Multiple Listing Service (MLS)—the single largest source of homes available for sale in Wisconsin, accessible to thousands of Realtors® who may have buyers for your home
- For members of the Metro MLS, South Central WI MLS, and Northeast WI MLS, listing data is now be cooperatively combined and shared through Wisconsin Real Estate Exchange (WiREx)
- FirstWeber.com (mobile: m.FirstWeber.com) – 4.5 million visits per year – includes First Weber’s MAPIt property search and interactive mapping
- Our direct mail program and in-house Print Shop makes it easy forFirst Weber agents to spread the word about your property and directly target those who may be most interested in purchasing your home
- First Weber offers full-service relocation and international assistance
4. Another reason a house doesn’t sell is that it’s poorly located or poorly planned. There’s really not much you can do about either. Just make it look the best it can look (Sunday best dress).
5. Title Issues: One reason a house won’t sell is because there is a problem with the title that spooks buyers. This is where a realtor comes in really handy — she’ll work with the title company to resolve the issue.
Your house is your biggest asset. Spend time making it shine. Not only will it sell faster, it’ll likely sell for more money.