Buying a Home
Understanding the home buying process is invaluable. We’ll assess your needs, desires, and budget. Our comprehensive buyer’s guide helps navigate home-buying. Our monthly e-news keeps you up to date on real estate in Dane County / South Central Wisconsin; subscribe today.
Relocating to the Madison, Middleton Wisconsin area? We’re natives and know great neighborhoods, schools, hotspots.
We’ll make arrangements for viewing homes that meet your needs. Your feedback during showings helps us narrow the field.
After an offer is written, we’ll contact the listing agent who presents your offer to the sellers.
Sellers have these options:
1. Accept the offer
2. Reject the offer
3. Write a counter offer where we discuss whether to accept, reject, or counter back.
Mortgage Application It is important you apply for a loan immediately after your offer is accepted. We’ll recommend several lenders if necessary. Some lenders require a loan application fee toward a credit check, appraisal, etc.
Processing Your Loan To speed the process, have your bank account and credit card numbers. We’ll check with your lender throughout to ensure things are progressing.
Time and Place of Closing Once your loan is approved, the time and place for closing, as agreed upon in the offer, will be scheduled.
Prior To Closing
- Have all utilities transferred to your name as of the date of closing.
- Notify the post office and telephone company of your address change.
- Make a final inspection of the property.
- A one year Home Warranty Plan will be available for purchase
- Your lender may require a homeowner’s insurance policy and have a paid receipt at closing.
- Obtain a certified check for the exact amount of money to be paid at closing.
Financing your new Madison Home The See Team helps you find the loan best suited to your needs.
- No Cost Pre-Approvals
- Personalized Loan Options
- Competitive Rates
- Experienced Loan Officers
- Complete Service To Successful Closing
We’re certified Buyer’s Realtors® & offer Benefits of Buyer Representation :
- Express a professional opinion of the seller’s asking price, based on a Comparative Market Analysis prepared for you
- Recommend negotiation strategies for best price, terms
- Negotiate exclusively on your behalf throughout the transaction
- Critique a seller’s property beyond disclosing defects
- Write the offer and draft provisions in your best interests
- Protect your confidentiality
- Treat you honestly and fairly
- Respond honestly and accurately to your questions
- Provide community data and current market conditions
- Present contract proposals in an objective and unbiased manner
- Accompany you to the closing and assist you throughout the process
- Disclose “adverse material facts” about the property
We’ll OverSEE the entire transaction:
- Making sure deadlines are met
- Provide you with referrals for a home inspection
- Coordinate all activities for the closing
- Review documents, finalize the transaction with you on closing day
- Follow-up with you after your sale
We have resources to help make your relocation to Madison/Middleton area smoothly.
Start your search for a new home today. You’ll love Madison/Middleton Wisconsin; we’ve raised our families here.