2018 Madison Wisconsin area / Dane County real estate market will continue to be hot, hot, hot.
According to Rachael See (real estate agent for First Weber Middleton, Madison), “Madison always has a robust housing market. With the UW, government, and high-tech jobs, it’s a desirable place to live. We’re home to some of the best bicycle paths in the world, our cultural activities are diverse, and we have multiple top-ranked medical facilities. We’re proud our town makes the top places to live year after year.”
The downside to living in a great place is that house buying is competitive. Madison has the strongest economy and fastest growing population in the state. There will be no shortage of people looking to buy single family homes and condos in 2018.
We predict these real estate trends for 2018:
- Interest in living in our area will remain strong but housing supply will be limited, including luxury properties.
- Zillow reports home prices won’t be as high as last year but will be above average compared to other national housing markets.
- Buyers will continue a keen desire to seek single family homes in the suburbs (Verona, Fitchburg).
- Because of stiff competition, first time buyers will continue seeking pre-qualification for loans.
- Realtor.com expects interest rates on a 30-year fixed loan to reach 5% during 2018 – the highest since February 2011.
- Houses for sale in the $200,000-$300,000 price range will continue to be hard to find (they sell quickly).
- New home construction will lag behind older homes for sale. Part of the problem? Builders will continue to struggle locating skilled trades people. They’re also hyper-focused on building luxury homes.
- First Weber’s See Team will continue to locate hard-to-find homes for those searching in our area
We live in an extremely competitive market; Jacci and Rachael See have more than 40 years of combined real estate business. They know the market (they’ve raised their families here) and will help those buying a new home in the Madison Wisconsin area navigate the competition.
Start your new home search online using our Free MLS (Multiple Listing) search. Then call us!
Contact Jacci See
7979 Greenway Blvd, Middleton, WI 53562